These Marshmallow Pops & Pretzels took under twenty minutes to make from start to finish and they turned out adorable! All you need is:
Pretzel Rods (work best) or Pretzel Minis
Sprinkles of your choice or Coconut Flakes
Paper Straws or sticks
- First cut a small slit in the top of the marshmallows to allow you to insert your straw. If you skip this step you just might squish your marshmallows!
- Insert the straws or popsicle sticks and put them in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. They do not take long to freeze and by doing this, the marshmallow is adhered more securely to the straw.
- Meanwhile, melt the candies in the microwave on medium heat and stir every 30 seconds. White chocolate seems to burn a lot easier than regular chocolate so watch it closely! Add your food coloring if desired. I used pre colored candy melts. They have so many colors to choose from you could whip these up for almost any occasion.
- Next up is the fun part: decorating! Dip the frozen marshmallows in the candy melts. You will want to tap the excess off. The frozen marshmallow will make the candy melt harden quickly so don’t wait too long before dipping them into the sprinkles. (I used cupcake holders for my sprinkles! They made clean up a breeze and made getting the sprinkles back in the container much easier.)
- Same steps (minus freezing) for your pretzel rods or minis. You can see below, one bag made quite a bit. “P” is one happy camper right now!